Wednesday, November 25, 2009

my whole foods experience part II (read the one below first and then read this) Got it?

Woo... that's a long title.

Ok so back to the whole foods story. Remember the Ivory Coast guy? Well after he started asking me stupid questions, we started chatting. The whole conversation was about life and how in his spiritual beliefs, I am taking things waaaay too serious! "Guy who ate one big bowl of soup with 3/4 of corn bread! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH! SO SHUT THE F*CK UP! However, since I was bursting with emotion, it shows that I'm actually being in-denial. So guy, you are correct! I indeed take stuff way too deep. And he said I should enjoy my life more coz he think that I am a really lucky girl! "Trust me on this kid..." So then he took he's jacket, he's left over corn bread, and he's crap, and said goodbye...

P.S The girls sitting in front of me are sipping a pretty darn delicious soup! I should get me some of that hearty soup downstairs. Oh the madness I have to face! For the love of God please no long line.

35 minutes later ...

Boy was that an even weirder experience! Ok, I took the smallest cup of soup thinking that I would just be a sec. away from my lovely moment of slurping my soupy soup when I realize I'm encountering the longest line ever in the history of grocery shopping. Bahaha! No! that's such a drama sh*t! It was long, but it wasn't that bad. But the bathroom was super gross!

Anyways, you know what happen next?
I again manage to meet with yet another interesting person you can imagine. I mean this is a pretty crowded city, with 8 million people more or so, how on earth I met a "Bule" who can speak Indonesian, who greeted me with "Apa Kabar?" Just because he saw the way I walk?.. Pretty darn amazing.
In addition to that, he traveled 8 gazillion miles to Indonesia only to find his ass sitting at a van for days and days with .. get ready for this ..
...
...
SLANK!!

yes, he had a f-ing road trip with SLANK 20 years ago! Can you imagine?.. I can't, I seriously cant!

"Dude?! Are you serious" I said, and he's like "Are they famous now? Coz I remember that I've been the only "Bule" fan or maybe the only fan that have stayed loyal to them"
On the top of my lungs in the middle of the whole foods dining space I screamed "HELL YEAH"
So yeah, we talked for 25 min 'til I realize my lonely corn bisque is waiting alove next to the window. So I said "dadah" he said "dadah" and went our separate ways.
(Gosh cham! you made it sound like you just broke up with him)
Ok, now I'm back sitting across Union Square doing nothing but scribbling and thinking...

Dios Mio! What a weird day to go to Whole Foods.




No comments: