Thursday, February 18, 2010

late night cravings

Since I'm mad hungry but I can't eat anything since it's 3.34 and I'm on a diet ..
I'll just post some pics of my favorite grub ..

First stop,

Martabak Manis - a owey goewy fluffier, thicker, and fatter version of a pancake usually filled with ground peanuts, sesame seeds, chocolate sprinkles, shredded cheese, and as a garnish, condense milk and some buttery spread on top!
Unfortunately I'm alergic to peanuts, so instead I ask for cashews or I just ask for chocolate sprinkles and shredded cheese as a filling. Be sure to get some bite of this fatty snack when you're in Indonesia or try and make one.. this link might come in handy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwvZyYa7tOo

Secondly,

Crispy tempe penyet - It's a dish consist of crispy battered tempeh, lots and lots of sambal (a mixture of spices and chillies) as a condiment or should I say as a sauce, and raw veggies as a side. Usually people eat it with hot steamy rice, but I'm on a low-carb diet, and I can manage to reduce the spicy-ness by drinking lots of Teh Botol. lol!

here's a link for the recipe,
http://wwwdapur.blogspot.com/2009/11/tempe-penyet.html
but in addition ..
before you fry the tempe, put the slices of tempeh on a bowl filled with flour that's already mixed with spices such as black peppers, salt, and coriander.
Pat the tempeh with the flour mixture and than fry it to perfection ;)

Enjoy .. Good night all, and this time for real! Coz I really need to sleep!

1 comment:

Sefi B. Ng said...

omgggg mau martabakkk!!!